“Green energy” means subsidized, intermittent, unreliable, i.e. extremely stupid and expensive energy production – subsidized by you – by force! However, that’s not all – even if that is bad enough. The reason the “greens” are all in on that nonsense they call “green” energy is because it is a huge money making scheme for the few – and that is all, got nothing to do with the climate. Climate is only the argument they use in order to justify forcing all of us to pay more taxes, CO2 fees, more for our electricity, and a lot more at the pump.
“Green” energy has only one advantage, it really, really showcase in a splendid way how incompetent and corrupt today’s politicians are. Not many people fail to notice, we all travel and we all use energy.
Sacrificing the Poor to NOT Save the Planet | Robert Bryce | EP 375
Video: Jordan B Peterson
Dr. Jordan B. Peterson and Robert Bryce discuss the topics from his latest book, “A Question of Power: Electricity and the Wealth of Nations,” the current audacity of the zero-emissions agenda, its effects on the developing world, the feasibility of coal and nuclear power, the catastrophic problems related to wind and solar power, and the positive vision for the future we can all share, should our institutions finally drop the doomsday narrative
April 3, 2023:
March 29, 2023:
January 20, 2023:
November 15, 2022:
See how stupid and harmful corruption is:
“Green” activists say oil “is going to take everything we know and love!”
But their “zero emission” vision is NONSENSE!
“It’s almost infantile,” says physicist @MarkPMills, “it’s distressing because it’s so silly.”
Part 2 of our series: Electric Cars: Inconvenient Facts. pic.twitter.com/4RedQR6CVy
— John Stossel (@JohnStossel) November 15, 2022
November 14, 2022:
- Small Modular Reaction: Europe’s Wind & Solar Disaster Paves Way For New Nuclear Age
- Dissecting a Wind Project: An Introduction to Bad Economics (and political correctness)
November 12, 2022:
November 9, 2022:
November 4, 2022:
November 3, 2022:
There’s nothing “Green” about the “Green” revolution, it’s just suffering, corruption and typical leftist greed and evil!:
Child Labor: The Dark Side of the Green Revolution
Video: China in Focus – NTD
One of the strongest driving forces for the left is envy:
October 30, 2022:
- The Israel-Lebanon Agreement Could Be A Game Changer For Natural Gas Markets
- Fossil Fuel Investment Has Dropped By A Third Since 2015
October 29, 2022:
A very good example of why leftists never should be allowed to be in charge – of anything:
“Any price cap is not really solving the fundamental problems. In fact, it can be counterproductive increasing demand while supply is not increasing.”
October 28, 2022:
“Carbon pollution from California’s 2020 wildfires erased 16 years of the state’s greenhouse gas emission cuts ..” We have to stop using the “Greens” dishonest terms, “Carbon Pollution“?? Do they mean diamonds, big and small littering the environment?? Carbon Dioxide (CO2) on the other hand is not a pollutant, it’s plant food, what all living things is based on, what all breathing animals, including humans exhale.
“Greenhouse Gas“?? A real greenhouse prevent convection (convection is the reason the earth isn’t getting warmer, convection is how the atmosphere cools), no known gases or mixes of gases in the known universe comes even close to preventing convection. Stupid, dishonest, misleading!!:
October 9, 2022:
October 7, 2022:
- This Micro Molten Salt Reactor Is Designed To Fit On A Truck
- U.S. Coal Prices Top $200 As Global Energy Desperation Grows Before Winter
September 25, 2022:
September 6, 2022:
September 5, 2022:
September 3, 2022:
The stupidity, corruption of the low IQ and arrogant left is starting to really hurt:
August 31, 2022:
- “How In The Name Of God”: Shocked Europeans Post Astronomical Energy Bills As ‘Terrifying Winter’ Approaches
- Britain’s Bitter Regret: Inevitable Result of UK’s Suicidal Renewable Energy Policy
- “Avoid Charging EVs”: California Grid Operator Warns Of Blackouts, Urges Energy Conservation
- Energy Shortages Continue Powering Inflation In Europe…Reaching “Record 8.9 Percent”!
August 30, 2022:
- Enviro-Fraud: Why Intermittent Wind & Solar Can’t Reduce Carbon Dioxide Gas Emissions
- A Plague Of Green Elephants Is Stampeding Across Australia
August 28, 2022:
August 27, 2022:
- Uranium: The Fuel For Clean Energy
- German Experts Warn Of Grid Instability…”Conventional Power Plants Needed For A Long Time To Come”
- How California’s ‘clean’ energy plan actually has a bit of dirt
- 70% of British pubs may not survive winter as power costs skyrocket
- How governments and the cult of net zero wrecked the energy market
- Spontaneous Combustion: Wind Turbine Fires Way More Common Than Industry Claims
August 26, 2022:
August 22, 2022:
- “Population Will Rebel” – Swiss Police Chief Fears Social Unrest From Winter Power Shortages
- Power Crunch Threatens Growth, Reinforces Weak Yuan
August 21, 2022:
Auguat 20, 2022:
- Shut down the green agenda and go nuclear
- Green Energy Nightmare: German Politician Labels Poor People “Enemies of the State”
August 6, 2022:
It’s impossible for leftists, regardless if they are Red or “Green“ to hide their incompetence, corruption and stupidity, it’s just impossible!!:
July 7, 2022:
July 6, 2022:
July 3, 2022:
July 1, 2022:
- Gas, Electric, Or Hybrid: True Costs And Savings
- EU Imports More US LNG Than Russian Pipeline Gas For The First Time Ever
June 25, 2022:
May 25, 2022:
May 24, 2022:
May 23, 2022:
Norway, between Eidsvoll and Skarnes.
Huge monuments of the “green” corruption and the left’s bottomless stupidity. None of the dollarfans did turn Sunday May 22, 2022
Norway do not lack energy, only sanity!
May 14, 2022:
May 2, 2022:
- Wind farms earn hundreds of millions more from energy crisis after delaying Government subsidy contract
April 30, 2022:
War On Energy
Video: Tony Heller
Another example of the war against energy in the west, being promoted by the usual propaganda sources
April 23, 2022:
April 18, 2022:
That might be true, but the money to the people behind these schemes is unaffected, so – who cares!??:
April 17, 2022:
April 9, 2022:
- Biden’s new threat to American energy security
- Reliable & Affordable Electricity Means Unscrambling Subsidised Wind & Solar Debacle
April 8, 2022:
- UK’s Energy Strategy And Wind Obsession Are A Load Of Hot Air
- Europe’s Self-inflicted Renewable Energy Disaster Drives Nuclear Power Renaissance
April 7, 2022:
- The Greatest Energy Mistake Ever Made
- Report On The Status Of The U.S. Energy Storage Project
- Dead End Street: There’s No High-Tech Fix For Wind & Solar’s Hopeless Intermittency
- Democrats’ Approach To Rising Gas Prices Reveals Their Economic Illiteracy
April 3, 2022:
- Long-Term Oil Prices Beginning To Reflect The Coming Oil Shortage, Part 1
- Apologise Now: West’s Attempt To Rely On Wind & Solar A Monumental Mistake
April 2, 2022:
April 1, 2022:
The corruption, stupidity, evil and incompetence we have been warning about for years:
- Germany Now Finds Itself In A Desperate Energy Situation. An Urgent Letter To The Federal Government
March 24, 2022:
- New Study Shows Media Not Blaming Biden For High Gas Prices
- Australia Challenges China’s Stranglehold on Rare Earths, Critical for Unnecessary, Unreliable, Intermittent, Stupid, Extremely Expensive, Subsidized Energy
March 22, 2022:
February 21, 2022:
February 20, 2022:
- Forget Inane Media Preoccupations And Pay Attention: The World Is Running Out Of Fuel. We Are All Going To Pay
- Where Africa’s Oil Flows Free
February 18, 2022:
Californians Pay Record High Gas Prices As Pump Pains Send Biden’s Approval Rating Lower
February 12, 2022:
Analysis: Fracking would have saved Britain from the energy crisis
February 10, 2022:
Nah, the question is: What is corruption?:
- Column: Maybe we’re better off if we can’t find our politicians – an ocean of ignorance guides western energy policy
- As Oil Hits $90, High Cost Shale Basins Are Hurriedly Coming Back Online
December 9, 2021:
- Dems showing signs of panic over gasoline prices as Biden gaffe in Kansas City speech will make for great GOP video ads
December 6, 2021:
November 18, 2021:
November 9, 2021:
October 29, 2021:
- Reemergence Of Energy Sanity? Europe Now Considers Nuclear, Natural Gas As Sustainable
- China’s Energy Crisis Spreads As Gas Stations Run Out Of Diesel
October 28, 2021:
October 22, 2021:
October 17, 2021:
- Unsettling: A conversation about climate and energy
- Coal and oil continue domination: Unexpected demand creates global energy havoc
October 16, 2021:
October 15, 2021:
- Hungry For Fuel, China Looks To The U.S. For Relief
- Net Zero Fail: CBA Shareholders Overwhelmingly Support Fossil Fuel Loans
- Vast Majority Of Energy Companies Aren’t Abandoning Oil And Gas
- Heating costs likely to soar, U.S. foreign energy dependence to increase
- UK Fuel & Household Energy Spending Soared 20% In The Past 2 Weeks: Lloyds Bank
- Europe’s Energy Crisis Is A Warning Sign For America
- PM Morrison Should Take Some Aussie Coal To Chilly Glasgow
- India’s Energy Crunch Intensifies As Power Supply Deficit Worst Since March 2016
October 14, 2021:
- Biden Begs OPEC and US Oil Companies to Pump More Oil as Prices Surge After He Cracked Down on US Production
- A mad rush for coal as China and India suspend climate correctness
- Macron Says Small Nuclear Reactors Will Be A Part Of His “France 2030” Energy Plan
- Finland Will Lobby The EU To Give Nuclear Power “Sustainable” Status
- Switching Renewable Subsidies To Gas Will Make Little Difference
- Useless Green Energy Hits The Wall Of Reality
- Media Covers For Biden As Gas Prices Surge To Sticker-Shock Levels
You can’t say this didn’t work, a lot of criminals did get their money as planned out of this project, including the kick-backs to the corrupt politicians who also got paid to vote for this BS! All around a big win for crony capitalism:
October 8, 2021:
- Drax’s renewable energy plant is UK’s biggest CO2 emitter, analysis claims
- Shell’s Jackdaw Gas Field Refused Permission
- Guardian: UK Industry Facing Climate Policy Winter Shutdown
- What Governments Got Wrong About The Global Energy Transition
October 7, 2021:
- BABY, IT’S COLD OUTSIDE
- US Desperate For Coal Miners To Meet Soaring Global Demand
- Europe’s Gas Prices Surge To Avert Risk Of Winter Shortage
Offshore Offside: Lawyers Line Up to Smash Atlantic Coast Wind Power Projects
Big-spending Joe Biden wants to squander untold $billions of taxpayer’s hard-earned on wind power, including thousands of turbines to be planted across the pristine and productive fisheries situated off the New England and mid-Atlantic coasts. Fishermen are, quite rightly, already up in arms, determined to prevent the mindless destruction of the marine environment and, with it, their livelihoods. It’s an outrage, to be sure.
And Atlantic coast fishermen are not alone in their sense of fury. David Stevenson takes a look at a lawsuit being pursued by pro-environment and pro-community residents from Nantucket against one of Biden’s threatened monstrosities.
Nantucket residents have filed a landmark lawsuit over federal approval of Vineyard Wind, the first industrial scale offshore wind project in the U.S. Federal law protects existing ocean uses: commercial fishing, vessel traffic, the viewshed, and endangered species from new energy projects. Since federal approvals of all offshore wind projects will likely use the same flawed process, a court win for this lawsuit may stop all the projects. Specifically, Ackrats is the group filing the complaint and is concerned about Vineyard Wind’s negative impact on the North Atlantic right whale, “one of the most critically endangered species on the entire planet.”
Those Nantucket residents are not alone. Beach communities from North C arolina to Maine and the Great Lakes joined together to form the American Coalition for Ocean Protection. The groups share information, resources, and strategies to be watchdogs against misguided federal and state offshore wind policy and have started a common legal defense fund. Now, a group representing commercial fishermen is also challenging federal approval of the 800 megawatt project.
President Biden set a goal of 30,000 megawatts of offshore wind to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. The EPA created a calculator that shows the impact of such cuts would reduce global temperature by an insignificant 0.004 degrees Fahrenheit. The U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the NOAA Fisheries Service failed to use the best available science in its approval process.
Loud turbine installation activities and continued turbine operations threaten the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale. New studies found more frequent whale sightings and more operational noise interference from a switch to larger turbines by the developer. The threat of a lawsuit resulted in the NOAA Fisheries Service promise of a new study, but with no timeline for completion. The plaintiffs want the development stopped until the study is completed.
Turbine blades sweep an area the size of eight football fields with blade tips whirling at up to 180 mph, posing a hazard to birds in the Mid-Atlantic Flyway. Thousands of miles of high voltage cables will bring power ashore. Acres of concrete and rocks will be placed on the seabed to prevent scouring, changing the ocean habitat risking death to marine life at the bottom of the food chain. No studies have been done to estimate the potential loss of marine and avian life.
Thousands of Chrysler Building-sized turbines could occupy Vineyard Wind and six other adjoining leases covering an area the size of Rhode Island. Tourists may not return to beaches with visible turbines. A BOEM study with smaller turbines determined they would “dominate” the horizon at 15 miles, and a second study showed up to 38% of beach renters would not return if turbines were visible. BOEM ignored both studies. Instead, BOEM used a tourism impact study that one of its authors has stated is not applicable for the larger turbines planned for the Vineyard Wind project.
October 6, 2021:
- Oil Extends Losses As White House Considers Releasing Emergency Reserves, Ban Exports
- EIA: Renewables no longer expected to be #1 by 2050
- Nuclear’s Time is Now: Australian Voters Demand Nuclear Powered Future
- With Europe In Chaos, Putin Says Russia Ready To Help Stabilize Gas Market
If the result of their own actions now makes them panicking they are more incompetent than previously thought:
Oh no!! Does this mean we have to end the wind and solar power fraud?:
- Europe’s Energy Crisis Presents A Real Danger
- The Collision Of Two Opposing Green Destinies
- Dominos Fall As Germany’s Largest Ammonia Producer Slashes Output Amid Energy Crisis
- China Folds, Unloads Australian Coal Despite Import Ban Amid Power Crunch
October 5, 2021:
- Hydraulic fracturing strengthened America. Banning it would weaken us
- Gas Prices In Europe Are Now The Equivalent Of $230 Oil
- Energy Crisis: Renewables Are Driving It- Analysis
- Europe’s Energy Crisis Risks Derailing U.N. Climate Summit
- Northwestern Europe Sees Mild Weather, Offers Temporary Relief From Energy Crisis
- Just How Reliant Is Europe On Russian Gas
- “Perfect Storm” – Global Energy Crisis Spreads To Brazil And India
- More News On The Progress Toward Eliminating Fossil Fuels
October 4, 2021:
- Oil Reaches Highest Prices Since 2014 – Biden to Blame
- Electricity Bills In Italy Rise By Almost 30 Percent From Friday
- Wind Power Suffers More Setbacks
- Are Hydrogen Fuel Cells ‘Mind-Boggling Stupid?’
- Dead-Calm Weather Killing ‘Inevitable’ Renewable Energy ‘Transition’
- British Military Begins Deliveries To Ease Fuel Supply Crisis
October 3, 2021:
- Homes may have gas cut off if they refuse to take part in hydrogen trial
- Dead-Calm Weather Killing ‘Inevitable’ Renewable Energy ‘Transition’
October 2, 2021:
There’s no lack of oil in Venezuela and there’s no lack of energy in the world. There’s only one reason people lack energy today: Low IQ Marxism (= Crony capitalism, corruption and the ever lasting and always present, typical leftist incompetence):
And when there’s a lack of something prices will increase. Low IQ leftist answer is, of course not to allow more products, producers and supply to enter the market to compete, of course not. It’s much better to use the same old method that has always failed (Fuck leftists are STUPID!!):
- Energy Experts Warn Of “A Catastrophic Energy Emergency” If German Leaders Don’t Wake Up To Reality
- “Panic Buying” – A Rush To Hoard
- German Wind Turbine Mysteriously Collapses One Day Before It Was Supposed To Officially Be Inaugurated
- Crippling Cost of Ontario’s Obsession With Wind Power: 71% Increase in Power Bills
October 1, 2021:
Green-energy profiteers usher in a dystopian nightmare
Brent Smith predicts U.S. will be groveling before the Chicoms rather than OPEC
Let me first set the record straight. I have no problem with any form of energy. We can use it all – coal, oil, gas, geothermal, hydroelectric, biomass and, yes, even solar and wind.
What I and many reasonable Americans take issue with is the idiotic green agenda that has taken hold in this country, due to the myth of climate change.
I’ve said it before but I guess it bears repeating: Climate change is real. It’s all the climate has ever done since there was first a climate on Earth. Any moron can understand that.
What isn’t real is man-caused climate change. To prove this one only has to hearken back to years ago when no one used the term “climate change.” Back then it was “global warming.” But when was the last time you heard those two words. Ever wonder why?
Well, because the “inconvenient truth” is that globe naturally warms and cools all the time, so the green profiteers can’t be seen as wrong when the globe cools. Call it climate change – rig the game, and they’ll always be right.
The corrupt, overreaching, arrogant and unfair Marxists in the block is the reason the EU will end itself, typical low IQ and evil leftist incompetence, the same corruption and evil incompetence that will make a lot of people freeze to death this coming winter:
Stop calling Carbon Dioxide (CO2) a “Greenhouse Gas” – A real greenhouse prevent the warm air from convecting away and get replaced by cooler air, no known gases in the universe has that ability, or property! It’s misleading, stupid and dishonest!:
- The Looming Energy Crisis: People Are Going To Die This Winter
- Germany Should Postpone Exit From Nuclear Power, Letter From Prominent Professors And Environmentalists Argues
- Surging Wind Industry Faces Its Own Green Dilemma: Landfills
- Joe Biden’s Self-Inflicted Energy Price Shock
September 30, 2021:
Ignorant, stupid or corrupt?:
September 29, 2021:
- Wind and solar folly in detail
- And It’s Not Even Winter! Europe’s Energy Supply Debacle Already Here: Painful Prices, Shortages, Blackouts
September 28, 2021:
Today’s energy market is the result of the “greens” (leftists) understanding of how the market works while, at the same time they are milking it … Put low IQ., corrupt leftists to administrate the Sahara desert and they will run out of sand in a few years. Or let these same low IQ Marxist run Venezuela and Venezuela will run out of oil, and not because there’s a real lack of oil (or sand):
- All Hell Is Breaking Loose In Energy Markets
- China Suffers Widespread Power Blackout Chaos as Strict Climate Targets Bite
- British Army On Standby To Resupply Gas Stations Amid Energy Crunch
- Climate Policy Meets Bitter Cold Reality In Europe
September 27, 2021:
September 23, 2021:
- Eco-Nutter Bill Gates Uses Fossil-Fuel Investor To Fight Climate Change
- Column: Looming European energy crisis: A lesson in averages that won’t soon be forgotten
- Russia ‘To Determine UK’s Winter Fate’ After Merkel ‘Outsmarted’ By Putin On Energy Crisis
Don’t be silly, crony capitalism doesn’t work in bright daylight … small amounts ..:
September 20, 2021:
- Renewable Power Fraud Threatens U.S. Energy Security
- Are Low Wind Speeds Behind Britain’s Energy Crisis?
- Green Gold Rush Looms For Electric Power
- Renewable Energy And Climate Alarmism
- ABC: Why Australia Stopped Manufacturing Solar Panels
September 19, 2021:
September 18, 2021:
September 17, 2021:
- Democrat Insanity Peaks As Biden Shutters Pipelines Then Is Baffled When Gas Prices Rise
- Australia Embraces Zero Carbon Nuclear Power for the First Time
The “Green” corruption will continue, though:
September 16, 2021:
September 11, 2021:
.. what the donors demands:
September 8, 2021:
- Alternative energy: The folly of fraudsters
- Britain forced to fire up coal plant amid record power prices and winter squeeze
September 7, 2021:
- Claim: Australia can Live the Renewable Energy Dream – All We Need is a Trillion Dollars of Government Loans
September 6, 2021:
Small Nuclear Reactors Will Power Our Future
South Africa-based nuclear physicist Dr. Kelvin Kemm is Dr. Jay Lehr and Tom Harris’ guest this week. Dr. Kemm explains how nuclear power is safe, effective, and reliable and the only viable broad-scale replacement for most fossil fuel uses. In particular, Dr. Kemm boosts the new Small Modular Reactor (SMR) technology that promises safe, clean, and affordable power to billions of people around the world, no matter the size and location of their communities. Indeed, SMRs will lead to a nuclear renaissance if our leaders have the wisdom to invest in them.
Dr. Kelvin Kemm is a Business Strategy Consultant who runs his own company, Stratek, based in Pretoria, South Africa. He is past Chairman of the South African Nuclear Energy Corporation. In 2003 Dr. Kemm was awarded the Lifetime Achiever’s Award in Science and Technology, by the National Science and Technology Forum. He has written over 1,000 popular interest articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers and has written two books. He has been a guest speaker in places as diverse as Hanoi, Namibia, and Stockholm and even at tribal events in the bush. He has also given Senate and Congressional briefings in Washington D.C. Full article ..
September 5, 2021:
September 4, 2021:
September 3, 2021:
September 2, 2021:
September 1, 2021:
August 31, 2021:
August 22, 2021:
August 21, 2021:
Another example of the fact, it was never about CO2:
August 20, 2021:
August 19, 2021:
Follow the law:
August 18, 2021:
August 17, 2021:
August 16, 2021:
August 15, 2021:
Impossible Dream: Why Energy Storage Systems Can’t Solve Wind & Solar’s Intermittency
Renewable energy storage is literally setting the world on fire. When giant lithium-ion batteries aren’t exploding in toxic balls of flame, their limited capacity means that they add a trivial occasional trickle of electricity to the grid; and do so at an astronomical cost.
The wind and solar acolyte would have us believe that if we throw another few billion dollars at Elon Musk, we will quickly overcome the inherent intermittency of wind and solar.
The other line being spun is that wind power can be ‘stored’ for future use in pumped hydro systems. Like big batteries, pumped hydro involves converting one form of energy to another and reconverting it to electricity for ultimate use, with very substantial energy losses along the way.
But physics, economics, and even routine mathematics were never the strongest points of the wind and solar cult.
Michael O’Ceirin, on the other hand, always relishes the opportunity to run the numbers. And – surprise, surprise – he finds nothing about the claims made for renewable energy storage adds up. Full article ..
August 14, 2021:
August 13, 2021:
August 12, 2021:
That’s what the CCP wants, they do not mind America have energy, just not affordable energy. You know, can’t risk production is moving back to the US:
- .. and that leads to: THE BIDEN EFFECT: US Producer Price Inflation Soars to 7.8% Annually in July – Highest Jump On Record
- .. and: Too bad about those worker wage gains, Biden’s inflation has already wolfed them down
August 9, 2021:
August 8, 2021:
August 3, 2021:
The World’s First Small Nuclear Reactor Is Now Under Construction
By Charles Kennedy via OilPrice.com via Zero Hedge
China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) launched on Tuesday the construction of the first onshore small nuclear reactor in the world, in its efforts to gain a leading position in the modular reactors market.
Construction began on the demonstration project at the Changjiang Nuclear Power Plant in the Hainan province in southern China, local publication Global Times reports.
The start of the construction for the ‘Linglong One’ small nuclear reactor comes four years later than initially planned, due to delays in regulatory clearances, Reuters notes.
The small reactor was originally planned to see the start of the construction phase in 2017.
A year earlier, the Linglong One small reactor had become the first to pass a safety review from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Once completed and commissioned, the small nuclear reactor is expected to meet the annual power needs of around 526,000 households, Global Times reports, without giving a timeline for the completion.
CNNC has been developing small reactor technology for the past ten years, the outlet says.
According to the World Nuclear Association, interest is growing in small and simpler technology to generate nuclear power, due to lower costs and the desire to provide power away from large grid systems.
“Overall SMR research and development in China is very active, with vigorous competition among companies encouraging innovation,” the association says, noting that the U.S., the UK, and Canada also develop and support their respective domestic small reactor technology.
In the United States, Advanced Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) are a key part of the Department of Energy’s goal to develop safe, clean, and affordable nuclear power options, DOE says. The Department has provided support to the development of light water-cooled SMRs, which are under licensing review by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and will likely be deployed in the late 2020s to early 2030s.
August 1, 2021:
Solar magnate Malone challenges big wind
By Duggan Flanakin – CFact
We’re not going to let NIMBYism shut this [offshore wind] down
New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney
Funny, isn’t it? Statists at the EPA can unilaterally decide to cripple the auto racing industry in the United States without even a public hearing.
The fine for killing a bald eagle can be as high as half a million dollars – plus felony jail time. But wind turbines kill thousands of eagles, and hundreds of thousands of other birds and bats, and get away with no penalty at all because regulators enable them to purchase “incidental take permits” that excuse their avian violence.
Big Wind can even get regulators to ignore a warning from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that offshore wind will devastate marine life and destroy the local fishing industry. The Corps’ warning likely speaks the truth about fisheries and marine life wherever offshore wind farms go up – on both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts – even in Hawai’i.
Or can it? Full article ..
- Endless Subsidies For Unreliable Wind & Solar are an Economic Suicide Pact
July 31, 2021:
July 26, 2021:
Fake ‘Green’ Energy: So Much Spent On Wind & Solar For So Little Return
Wind and solar are not just costly they are entirely useless. Never in the field of energy generation has so much been spent, by so many, for so little return.
Forget the colossal and endless subsidies, forget the community division, forget the environmental destruction and landfills full of toxic blades and panels and start with the fact that wind and solar are simply incapable of delivering electricity as and when we need it.
On that score, we’ll hand over to John Hinderaker for a look at wind and solar power’s utterly pathetic performance in the USA.
At AmericanExperiment.org, my colleague Isaac Orr deals a double-barreled blow to the fantasy of “green” energy. First, after all of the hype surrounding wind and solar energy, where did Americans actually get their energy in 2020? This chart tells the story:
All “renewable” sources together account for only 12% of our energy consumption, but the details make the story even worse:
It is very interesting to note that burning wood, which is the oldest form of energy consumption in the country, is still producing more useful energy than solar power, despite the billions of dollars that have been spent propping up the industry.
What an utter failure.
Second, why does wind power supply so little electricity, despite the many billions that have been spent on it? The most basic reason is that 60% of the time, a given wind turbine produces nothing. The liberals’ response to this fact is to advocate massive overbuilding of capacity, on the theory that the wind must be blowing somewhere. Unfortunately, that isn’t true:
Advocates of wind turbines often argue that their unreliability can be offset by building even more wind turbines and transmission lines to distant areas because the wind is always blowing somewhere.
But last week, electricity generation from wind turbines was low throughout the entire 15 state power grid to which Minnesota belongs, the Midcontinent Independent Systems Operator (MISO), even though electricity demand was very high. The graph below shows data from the United States Energy Information Administration for wind generation in the regional electric grid on an hourly basis from June 24, 2021, through July 5, 2021.
July 25, 2021:
July 19, 2021:
Take off the blades, the engines and all of the oil and toxic pollutants, then leave the windmill steel towers for the birds to use for nests for a few years until the number of birds has bounced back, and then, before the steel towers gets too old and dangerous, tear it down.
Leave one, a really big one, in a museum for all the corrupt, ignorant “greens” to look at in bottomless SHAME for the rest of time!!:
Energy Transition: Germans Revolt Against Wind Power – As Power Prices Spiral Out of Control
Germany’s wind power transition has hit the wall: rural Germans are sick and tired of the noise, ruined landscapes and communities; and Germans of all persuasions are fed up with Europe’s highest power prices, which continue to rocket as a consequence of its so-called ‘renewable energy transition’ aka the ‘Energiewende’.
Thanks to massive subsidies and mandated targets, over 30,000 of these things have been speared into every last corner of Deutschland. But, as the team from Jo Nova explain below, the backlash against industrial wind power has brought the German wind industry to a shuddering halt.
Is this the future of wind all over the world?
The salad days of wind power in Germany are over. Bad news is rolling in from several directions. Twenty years of hope-n-subsidies has run aground. Profits are grinding down, and hardly any new towers are being erected. People are fighting back against the noise, the views, and the bird chopping. Conservationists might like the idea of wind, as long as it’s in someone else’s forest. Suddenly groups that oppose wind towers are gaining traction, and the red tape and legal battles have grown wings and settled on new developments like a bat plague. Full article ..
July 18, 2021:
July 17, 2021:
Anti-Nuke Activists Afraid of Safe, Reliable & Affordable Nuclear Power
If you want people to toe the line, make them afraid. It’s worked a treat for the anti-economic progress crowd in their campaign against nuclear power. It’s the same insidious force that has millions of Australians constantly locked down, cowering under their quilts, thanks to the threat of a virus that’s on a par with the common cold for lethality in a country with first world and first-rate hospitals and healthcare.
Likewise with nuclear power. Long on emotion and short on evidence, the anti-nuke activist has been working up a frenzy of baseless fear for generations.
As Michael Shellenberger outlines in this interview with Chris Kenny, it’s time to engage our critical faculties and stop listening to those who would merrily deprive us all of safe, reliable and affordable nuclear power. Full article ..
California is planning floating wind farms offshore to boost its power supply – here’s how they work
July 16, 2021:
Another Summer of Discontent: Wind & Solar Obsession Leaves Californians Scrambling for Reliable Power
July 15, 2021:
July 10, 2021:
Intermittent Wind & Solar Power No Match For Around-the-Clock Nuclear Power
Part-time power is worse than having no power at all: our industrial heartbeat and the timing of daily chores hasn’t been dictated by the weather for more than a century. Harnessing thermal power set us on the road to the modern, ordered and (largely) civil society we presently enjoy. For a refresher course Google up “Industrial Revolution”, “steam engine”, “James Watt” and “George Stephenson”.
The obsession amongst our political betters with unreliable wind and solar threatens to undo that Revolution; it’s almost like they’re out to de-industrialise and destroy us.
Coal sat the heart of the steam age, but the fuels used to boil water under pressure went on to include oil and gas.
Then, after physicists began to grapple with and master forces at a nuclear level, uranium and its enriched derivatives did away with the need for any combustible fuel, at all.
450 clean, safe and reliable nuclear reactors are quietly delivering baseload power in 32 countries around the world, with a dozen countries building another 60 reactors among them and another dozen or so countries considering doing the same.
There is one glaringly ludicrous exception: Australia.
Australia, despite holding the world’s largest uranium reserves and, despite its shifting policy of limiting the number of mines and states that have banned them, is the world’s third-largest uranium exporter, banned nuclear power generation back in 1998 and has never had a nuclear power plant.
Full article at Stop These Things
July 8, 2021:
Solar’s Toxic Legacy: When the Panels Wear Out, Who Cleans Up the ‘Green’ Energy Mess?
Because solar panels can’t be economically recycled, millions upon millions of them are headed for landfill. Around the globe, countless millions of panels have already reached their use by dates. Over the next decade millions of tonnes of them are headed for the dump.
Each panel is a veritable toxic cocktail of gallium arsenide, tellurium, silver, crystalline silicon, lead, cadmium and other heavy metals. As the stuff leeches into the water table, it’s not difficult to imagine the effect on water supplies, the environment and human health.
But, as Collister Johnson details below, it’s not as if either the rent-seekers behind the solar scam, or the relevant responsible authorities that run cover for them, could care less.
In March 2019, the Spotsylvania County Board of Supervisors granted sPower, a Utah-based developer of industrial solar facilities, a Special Use Permit (SUP) to construct a 6,300-acre solar factory on land lying just outside Fredericksburg. The vote was 5-2, with only Supervisors David Ross and Paul Trampe voting against it.
This massive facility—dubbed the “Spotsylvania Solar Energy Center”—is one of the largest in the U.S., and by far the largest such facility east of the Mississippi River. When it is finished, it will contain over 1.5 million solar panels, each weighing about 40 pounds, and all of them containing toxic chemicals, such as cadmium telluride, copper sellenide, and lead.
The action of the board was puzzling for many reasons. Just over one month before, the Spotsylvania County Planning Commission had voted against the application by a 5-2 margin, yet the Board of Supervisors overturned that finding by a 5-2 vote.
Furthermore, the Board of Supervisors took no expert testimony or held evidentiary hearings to justify such an enormous facility. Nor did it take any testimony addressing the issue of the removal of the solar panels once they have outlived their useful lives (called “decommissioning”), which for panels of this type is usually 15-20 years.
Full article at Stop These Things
July 2, 2021:
USA Energy Trends
By Paul Homewood – Not A Lot Of People Know That
Joe Biden has pledged to totally decarbonise the US electricity system by 2035, and to cut emissions by 50% from 2005 levels by 2030. But how does this stack up against what has actually been happening since 2005?
Let’s start by looking at emissions of carbon dioxide .. Full article.
July 1, 2021:
As US and Europe push climate policies, Middle East and Russian state oil producers stand to benefit
June 30, 2021:
June 29, 2021:
June 28, 2021:
June 25, 2021:
Reliability Addiction: Despite Wind & Solar Surge, Europe’s Still Hooked on Coal
Germany’s efforts to ditch coal-fired power for good, is a little like St Augustine’s prayer asking his Lord to make him chaste, but just not yet.
Back in April, a week after it forced the shutdown of 11 coal-fired power plants, it was forced to reopen them to avoid mass blackouts.
Germany legislated a ban on coal-fired power plants, but the underlying chaos that is wind and solar power generation quickly brought them back to reality. And, apparently, those that forced those plants into energy exile are themselves being forced to welcome coal-fired power back again, with open arms.
Going from ridiculous to high farce, the anti-carbon dioxide gas squad in Europe has managed to reinvigorate the demand for coal, yet again.
Here’s the team from Jo Nova with another dose of irony from renewables-obsessed Europe. Full article …
June 24, 2021:
June 23, 2021:
June 22, 2021:
With Its Power Grid On The Verge Of Failure, California Begs Residents To Change Their EV Charging Routines
June 21, 2021:
Spreading Scourge: Wind Turbine Blades Shedding Toxic Plastics During Operation
There’s a landfill legacy being created by wind turbine blades, with the First World cynically using the Third World as its dumping ground: ‘Green’ Energy’s Poisonous Legacy: Millions of Toxic Turbine Blades Destined for African Landfills
Thousands of 45-70m blades (weighing between 10 to 25 tonnes) are being ground up and mixed with concrete used in the bases of other turbines erected later or simply dumped in landfill. Which should worry locals: the plastics in the blades are highly toxic, and contain Bisphenol A, which is so dangerous to health that the European Union and Canada have banned it.
But, it’s not just the ticking time bomb created by the millions of wind turbine blades that will end up buried around the world, there’s also a more immediate threat posed by these things. As wind turbine blades erode during operation, the toxins within the epoxy compounds they shed are finding their way into the oceans and our drinking water. Full story …
June 20, 2021:
June 19, 2021:
Megadrought Could Force California’s Lake Oroville Hydroelectric Power Plant To Shut Down
By Tyler Durden – Zero Hedge
One of California’s most critical hydroelectric plants is at risk of closing for the first time in five decades as water levels continue to sink.
A megadrought and scorching heat, both worsened by La Nina weather effects, have depleted some of the water supply at Northern California’s Lake Oroville. The lake’s current water levels are hoovering around 700 feet above sea level, but if 640 feet is breached, then officials “will likely be forced to close the Edward Hyatt Power Plant for the first time since it opened in 1967,” California Energy Commission spokesperson Lindsay Buckley told CNN.
The lake’s record low is 646 feet, and the state’s Department of Water Resources expects that level to be observed in August.
Earlier this month, at least 130 houseboats were evacuated from the lake as water levels continued to drop. As a result, any lower and boat ramps would be inaccessible.
Further, if the Hyatt plant closes, hydroelectric generation for the state’s grid would be affected. At full capacity, the plant can power up to 800,000 homes. Full article …
Costly climate policies will harm energy-starved Africa
By – CFact
In 1985, Michael Jackson and other American musicians tried to channel a spirit of global unity by releasing a collaborative song titled “We Are the World.” The purpose was noble, namely to raise funds for Africa which was going through a severe famine at the time.
Today, famine, disease, and lack of electricity still persist in the developing world, especially sub-Saharan Africa. But the spirit of unity once touted by Western elites has changed somewhat – and not for the better. Rather than rally the world together to help the least fortunate grow food or build, today’s elites call for so-called “climate action” and “sustainability” – whether those of African nations agree or not.
In prior years, much of the developing world was given a pass when it came to pursuing the trendy renewable energy policies of the West. This was because they were expensive and burdensome for nations with struggling economies. Now, it seems being given a “pass” on joining the climate-bandwagon may no longer be an option. Full article …
June 18, 2021:
Want to Know Why Wind Power is Causing Blackout in Britain? (It’s called “the Weather”)
No country has ever powered itself entirely with wind and solar power; no country ever will. In Britain, the threat of blackouts now looms every time the wind drops off, thanks to an overreliance on unreliable wind power.
Back in August 2019 we reported on a mass blackout that struck Britain, when an offshore wind farm decided to down tools: Blackout Nation: Wind Power Output Collapse Leaves Millions of Brits Totally Powerless
To say that Britain’s once reliable power grid is under threat, is mastery in understatement. And, as Paul Homewood reports, things can only get worse from here. Full story …
June 17, 2021:
Deadly Serious: During Extreme Weather Unreliable Wind & Solar Threaten Life & Limb
There’s nothing funny about being frozen to death in the dark. More than half of the 200 Texans who died during the mass blackouts that struck the midwest during February this year died of hypothermia, thanks to a lack of power. In all some 4.5 million households were left freezing in the dark when solar panels were carpeted in inches of snow and ice; wind turbines froze solid; and breathless, frigid weather all led to total collapses in wind and solar output across central USA.
Robert Bradley takes a look at the causes and consequences of the perfectly avoidable carnage. Full story …
Federal judge overturns Biden’s oil & gas leasing ban
By Adam Houser – CFact
Federal judge Terry Doughty of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana reversed the Biden Administration’s move to temporarily suspend oil and gas lease permits on federal lands and waters. The ban was said to stay in place until a review could be taken by the Department of the Interior.
As reported by NBC News:
The Interior Department said it would “comply with the decision,” signaling that lease sales to drill in Alaska and in the Gulf of Mexico will likely resume — at least for now.
During Biden’s first days in office, his Interior Department paused new leases while reviewing the program to decide whether extracting oil and gas from federal lands and waters should continue in the future, as the president seeks to wean the U.S. off fossil fuels. The Interior Department has held a public forum on the issue and said that an interim report on the future of the program would be coming over the summer.
The suit was brought by 13 attorneys general from around the nation, led by Jef Landry of Louisiana.