Global temperatures plunge in April – “the pause” returns

Global temperatures have dropped 0.5° Celsius in April according to Dr. Ryan Maue. In the Northern Hemisphere they plunged a massive 1°C . As the record 2015/16 El Nino levels off, the global warming hiatus aka “the pause” is back with a vengeance. He writes:

Some good news to end April, global temperature anomaly has fallen to only +0.1°C today (snapshot) … graphic is like stock market trace

Despite NOAA’s Denial, A Growing Number Of Studies Confirm the Global Warming Hiatus

Despite widespread denial among climate activists, a growing number of scientific research papers in recent months have confirmed the global warming hiatus, trying to explain its possible reasons (for the latest studies see herehere and here).  The latest study claims that the Southern Ocean played a critical role in the global warming slowdown.

h/t to the GWPF

Dr. Roy Spencer says while there was a plunge at the surface, the lower troposphere is still holding warmth, but what is clear is that the effects of the El Niño are over:

The Version 6.0 global average lower tropospheric temperature (LT) anomaly for April, 2017 was +0.27 deg. C, up from the March, 2017 value of +0.19 deg. C (click for full size version):

Global area-averaged lower tropospheric temperature anomalies (departures from 30-year calendar monthly means, 1981-2010). The 13-month centered average is meant to give an indication of the lower frequency variations in the data; the choice of 13 months is somewhat arbitrary… an odd number of months allows centered plotting on months with no time lag between the two plotted time series. The inclusion of two of the same calendar months on the ends of the 13 month averaging period causes no issues with interpretation because the seasonal temperature cycle has been removed as has the distinction between calendar months.

The Pause (Hiatus) is back according to the latest temperature data (above). That is evidence of the fact that CO2 doesn’t warm the planet in any way, form or shape.

What the science is telling us:

“There is no such thing as greenhouse gases, because there is no such thing as trapping heat in the atmosphere. Absorbed radiation is re-emitted in femto seconds. That’s why cool-down occurs at night. For all matter, each vibration is a wave of infrared radiation being emitted. It’s not a lot of energy, but the amount of fingerprint radiation absorbed by CO2 is even less. All heat is the same. Why isn’t it all trapped? Conduction, convection and evaporation put most heat into the atmosphere. It dissipates into space at the same rate it enters from the sun, called equilibrium. Claiming CO2 absorption is different is unscientific. Miniscule amounts of radiation were exaggerated by a factor of 20-40. Supposedly, 79% of the energy leaving the surface of the earth is radiation, with the remaining 21% being in the form of conduction and evaporation. White hot metals could not easily give off 79% radiation under atmospheric conditions. The real number would be about 1-3% radiation. This requires reducing the claimed global warming by a factor of 20-40 in calculations, though there is no real effect. Then secondary effects are said to do two thirds of the heating. To evaluate secondary heating, every influence over climate for the next century is evaluated. Climate is too complex and random for the questions which are raised ..” Ref.:

But why do the drop in temperature prove this science? It’s simple, humans is constantly putting CO2 in to the atmosphere, if CO2 did warm the planet, we wouldn’t see 2 decades without any warming and no drop of the magnitude we have seen the last few months.

April 2017 Projected Temperature Anomalies from NCEP/NCAR Data


Newscats – on Patreon or Payoneer ID: 55968469

Cherry May Timbol – Independent Reporter
Contact Cherry at: or
Support Cherry May directly at:


Why do CO2 lag behind temperature?

71% of the earth is covered by ocean, water is a 1000 times denser than air and the mass of the oceans are 360 times that of the atmosphere, small temperature changes in the oceans doesn’t only modulate air temperature, but it also affect the CO2 level according to Henry’s Law.

The reason it is called “Law” is because it has been “proven”!

“.. scientific laws describe phenomena that the scientific community has found to be provably true ..”

That means, the graph proves CO2 do not control temperature, that again proves (Man Made) Global Warming, now called “Climate Change” due to lack of … Warming is – again – debunked!