The Associated Press was forced to issue a correction after it falsely claimed that 70 per cent of calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center were about people ingesting ivermectin to treat COVID-19.
The actual number was 2 per cent.
NurPhoto via Getty Images
From the AP:
“In an article published Aug. 23, 2021, about people taking livestock medicine to try to treat coronavirus, The Associated Press erroneously reported based on information provided by the Mississippi Department of Health that 70% of recent calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center were from people who had ingested ivermectin to try to treat COVID-19.
“State Epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers said Wednesday the number of calls to poison control about ivermectin was about 2%. He said of the calls that were about ivermectin, 70% were by people who had ingested the veterinary version of the medicine.”
“The department said that at least 70% of recent calls to the state poison control center were related to people who ingested a version of the drug that is formulated to treat parasites in cows and horses.”
NPR has yet to issue a retraction of the fake story, which was circulated countless times, while the retraction will only be seen by a fraction of those who read the original.
The Rolling Stone article appeared to be part of an effort to smear podcast host Joe Rogan, who said he had used ivermectin as part of a cocktail of treatments to successfully fight off a COVID-19 infection.
Related and interesting stories:
- War vet died after hospital ignored court order for ivermectin
- Forbes Deletes Article On Psychological Damage Of Masking Children
- Ministers Could Defy JCVI And Covid Jab All 12- To 15-Year-Olds
- Midazolam Used To End Lives Of Many You Were Told Died Of Covid
- CDC Changed School Mask Guidance Days After Threat From Teachers Union: FOIA Emails
- Greenwald: The ACLU, Prior To COVID, Denounced Mandates And Coercive Measures To Fight Pandemics
- “Surprise Surprise – Fauci Lied Again”: Rand Paul Reacts To Wuhan Bombshell
- WHO Calls Out Wealthy Nations For Hoarding COVID Treatments & Vaccines
- Time to Hold the Government Accountable for COVID Lies
- How to Prepare for COVID (and How Not To)
- Fauci’s entire dishonest house of cards just collapsed
- It is possible to bring clarity to the ivermectin debate
- The AMA’s Misinformation Media Campaign on Ivermectin is Harming Americans
- Organized Scientific Fraud: SARS-CoV-2 is an Unrestricted Bioweapon
- US Red Cross Says No Blood From Vaccinated People
- Bill Gates Covid Licence Agreement With Moderna
- 5 Reasons Why Vaccine Passports are an Ethical Disaster
- The Case for Vaccine Passports is Feeble and Fading
- Conflict of Interest Driving Public Vaccination
- Under severe pressure, hospital grants religious exemptions to COVID shots
- COVID Shots Are Killing And Crippling Teens In Record Numbers
- Nearly 70% of unvaccinated Americans would rather quit their job than take mandatory vaccination – poll
- Public servants let Australia down with their flawed advice
- Action Against Vaccine Passports And Coercive Jabs In Australia
- The War on Supplements
- New “Pandemic Potential” Brain-Destroying-Virus With 75% Death Rate Spreading In India