Image: Strong Auroras At Historically Low Latitudes; Barcelona Under Snow, Red Alert Issued In Mallorca; California’s Record Snow Year; Greenland SMB Spikes Again; + Antarctica Cools
Related: Put Up or Shut Up: Time For Promoters To Prove Wind & Solar Really Are ‘Cheap & Reliable’
Governments around the globe are taking actions to implement fossil fuel-free or “Net Zero” energy systems without a thorough examinaton of the scientific basis for doing so. This paper undertakes that examinaton by reviewing the scientific support (or lack thereof) that has been used to justify this transition to Net Zero. No atempt is made to address the significant economic, societal or environmental consequences of a near-total reliance on renewable energy and the required batery-backup that is necessary to transition to a fossil fuel free future.
Two of the paper’s authors – Drs. William Happer and Richard Lindzen, professors emeriti at Princeton University and Massachusets Institute of Technology, respectively – have spent decades studying and writing about the physics of Earth’s atmosphere. The third, Gregory Wrightstone, a geologist of more than 40 years, has spent much of the last decade writing and speaking about the interplay of geology, history and climate. The authors find that Net Zero – the global movement to eliminate fossil fuels and its emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases – to be scientifically invalid and a threat to the lives of
billions of people. Among the paper’s findings are:
- Net Zero proponents regularly report that extreme weather is more severe and frequent because of climate change while the evidence shows no increase – and, in some cases, a decrease – in such events.
- Computer models supporting every government Net Zero regulation and the trillions of dollars subsidizing renewables and electric cars, trucks, home heating, appliances and many other products do not work.
- Scientific research and studies that do not support the “consensus” narrative of harmful man-made global warming are routinely censored and excluded from government reports such as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and the National Climate Assessment.
- Conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change that contradict the narrative of catastrophic global warming from fossil fuels are rewriten by government bureaucrats for public reports to support the false narrative of Net Zero.
- The many benefits of modest warming and increasing carbon dioxide are routinely either eliminated or minimized in governmental reports.
- Eliminating fossil fuels and implementing Net Zero policies and actions mean the elimination of fossil fuel-derived nitrogen fertilizers and pesticides that will result in about half the world’s population not having enough food to eat. Many would starve.
- The adoption of Net Zero is the rejection of overwhelming scientific evidence that there is no risk of catastrophic global warming caused by fossil fuels and CO2.
Net Zero, then, violates the tenets of the scientific method that for more than 300 years has underpinned the advancement of western civilization.