Snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event.”
“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
Dr David Viner – Senior scientist, climatic research unit (CRU)
GLOBAL WARMING’s infallible wrecking ball – CO2 – brings summer snow to Europe, North America, Canada, Japan and even Saudi Arabia!
CHILDREN might be able to now ski in summer, but don’t expect to read about this in the mainstream media. They are only interested in hot weather to push their CO2-centirc, global warming agenda…
Heavy Summer Snowfall in European Alps – Austria, Italy, Germany & Switzerland Receive Up To 40cm
Matt Wiseman, Mountainwatch
Heavy snow fell above 1500 metres across the European Alps this weekend with a number of destinations reporting over 40cm of the fluffy white stuff.
While it is still summer in Europe, temperatures dropped over 15 degrees and dipped into the negatives in less than 24hrs. Germany’s highest peak, The Zugspitze – at 2962m above sea level – recorded 25cm of snow whilst thermometers hit negative 7 degrees.
Although skiing remains possible across half a dozen glacier dependant ski fields throughout Austria, Italy and Switzerland, the snowfall came just days after these areas were recording temperatures in the 10’s and 20’s, with parts of Germany expecting temperatures to reach 30 degrees by mid-week.
The result of the cold front that swept across many of these resorts and throughout Central Europe is perhaps best summed up in the below images… Feast your eyes and enjoy!
SNOW and freezing temps hit Italy:
GERMANY & AUSTRIA
EUROPEAN heatwave comes to an abrupt end:
Ski season starts in… August: European heatwave comes to an abrupt end as snow falls in Germany and Austria
- Up to 40cm of snow was dumped in parts of Europe – despite it being summer
- The German Weather Service said the temperature plummeted 86F (30C)
- ‘Anyone without a sweater or jacket was probably shivering quickly,’ it said
Debbie White, Mail Online
There’s been a dramatic plunge in temperature across parts of Europe where searing heat has suddenly given way to heavy snowfall of up to 40cm – despite it still being summer.
About 25cm of snow was dumped on Germany‘s highest peak, the Zugspitze, where temperatures reached a decidedly chilly 19.4F (-7C) yesterday
LOCALS are a bit surprised:
Monday, August 27, 2018, 9:59 AM – We know it’s Monday, so we won’t blame you for doing a double or even triple take of this August snow in Alberta. That’s right we said SNOW.
August Snow at Jackson Hole
Winter may still be a few months away, but snowfall in the United States has begun. Last night Jackson Hole Mountain Resort saw the first snow of the season with minimal accumulation at higher-elevation and in the resort’s famed, “Cody Bowl.” With colder temperatures on the horizon, we can expect to see more reports of snow coming in from around the country soon.
WHILE mainstream news outlets spout stories of a never-ending global heatwave, snow, hail and rain lash parts of Saudi Arabia creating a phenomenon never before witnessed…
Mount Kurodake in the town of Kamikawa, the northernmost prefecture of Hokkaido, had its first snow of the season on Aug 17, the earliest snowfall since records began in 1974.
FARMERS’ ALMANAC FOREWARNS OF “TEETH-CHATTERING” WINTER WITH “SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL”
“Teeth-chattering,” “biting,” and “stinging” cold are just a few of the adjectives the Farmers’ Almanac is using to describe the upcoming winter, and not only in northern areas.
Where NOAA and the Old Farmers’ Almanac have forecast a mild winter with less precipitation, the Farmers’ Almanac has a different outlook, “teeth-chattering cold ahead.”
Unlike the Old Farmers’ Almanac that makes weather predictions through a combination of animal signals, chicken bones, pig spleens and other weather lore, the Farmer’s Almanac bases their outlook on a “mathematical and astronomical formula” dating back to 1818 that takes sunspot activity and other astronomical anomalies into account.
“Contrary to some stories floating around on the internet, our time-tested, long-range formula is pointing towards a very long, cold, and snow-filled winter,” reports Editor and Philom., Peter Geiger, adding, “we stand by our forecast and formula, which accurately predicted most of the winter storms last year as well as this summer’s steamy, hot conditions.”
An Arctic cold front is forecast to produce blustery and bitter winds, a sharp drop in temperature, and widespread snow showers/squall activity along and ahead of the frontal line.
Snow may start early in New England and Mid-Atlantic regions during December 2018.
Above-normal snowfall is predicted for the Great Lakes states, Midwest, and central and northern New England.
While the Pacific Northwest and Mid-Atlantic regions of the country are also forecast to have an abundance of snow and wet/icy conditions this winter.
“According to the calendar, spring 2019 starts on March 20th, however, according to our outlook, winter conditions may delay spring for several weeks,” states Managing Editor and Philom., Sandi Duncan.
The Grand Solar Minimum is upon us.
MEANWHILE, down-under, where it’s winter and meant to be snowing, the powder-hounds are enjoying another bumper season!
How drought and a stellar snow season can happen at the same time
The story of the season has been of widespread drought, but if you have spoken to anyone who has come back from the ski field, they are raving about how much snow there is.
It may seem counter intuitive to have such diverse events in the same states, but this year is proving it is possible.
While the New South Wales Government has announced the whole of the state is in drought, Bureau of Meteorology senior climatologist Agata Imielska said this year is “probably the best snow depth we’ve had since 2004. So the best in 14 years”.
It is not just the NSW snowfields getting the white stuff either.
WEATHERZONE with more:
As of Thursday, the official snow depth at Spencers Creek (NSW) is sitting at 203.9cm, well above the average for most resorts this time of year. Some Victorian resorts are also nudging to 200cm mark.
WITH snow falling across the entire planet, and another bumper snow season underway in the Australian Alps, the question must go out again to Australia’s premier scientific body – the CSIRO – who in a 2003 wrote a report part-funded by the ski industry finding that “resorts could lose a quarter of their snow in 15 years, and half by 2050. The worst case was a 96 per cent loss of snow by mid-century.“
STILL yet to hear back from the CSIRO on this. Don’t hold your breath!
JO NOVA with the rub:
No doubt, climate change will be blamed for this freak weather.
Soon, children won’t know what science is.
PS: I see Anthony Watts has seen snow in other places as well.
TITLE lead and snow info pinched from the lovely Joanne Nova!
SEE also :
- DOES The CSIRO Still Stand By Its 2003 Snow Prediction? | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING Batters Australia! Record Winter Lows And The Most Snow In Years | Climatism
- CLIMATISM : State Of The Climate Report | Climatism
RELATED posts :
- LIFE Inside The Global Warming Bubble | Climatism
- IT’S Official : Global Warming Alarmists Have No Credibility On Anything Climate Change | Climatism (NYC Record Snow 2017/18)
- SNOWFALL Will Become “A Very Rare And Exciting Event…” | Climatism
CLIMATISM Hot Links :
- VISUALISING Greenhouse Gases | Climatism
- 100% Of Climate Models Prove that 97% of Climate Scientists Were Wrong! | Climatism
- THE Mind-blowing Costs Of Global Warming Hysteria | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE : It’s Easier To Fool People Than To Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled | Climatism
- ARCTIC “Death Spiral” : Fifteen Years In Fifteen Seconds | Climatism
- GREENLAND Ice Cap Sees 2nd Year Of Above Average Growth | Climatism
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- STOP THE MADNESS : Everything ‘Contributes To’ Climate Change Including Your Breath And Your Cat | Climatism
- TIM FLANNERY – Professor of Dud Predictions and Climate Falsehoods | Climatism
- YES! The Climate Changes | Climatism
TEMPERATURE related :
- THE Great Global Warming “Pause” | Climatism
- GLOBAL WARMING THEORY CHECK : Global Temps Continue Century-Record Plunge, Despite Rising Emissions! | Climatism
- NO Australian Under The Age Of 40 Has Experienced Any Global Warming | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Control Knob, Enemy Of The Climate Cult | Climatism
- THE SUN : Climate Changer, Climate Driver, Climate Disruptor | Climatism
ORIGINS Of The Global Warming Scam :
- CLIMATE Revisionism 101 : “We Have To Get Rid Of The Medieval Warm Period” | Climatism
- THE Orwellian Era Of @NASA Climate Pseudoscience | Climatism
- WESTERN Nations, Driven By A Global Agenda Of Climate Alarmism, Are Destroying Their Industries With Carbon Taxes And Promotion Of Expensive, Intermittent Green Energy | Climatism
- TOMORROW’S Grim, Global, Green Dictatorship | Climatism
- CLIMATE CHANGE – The Most Massive Scientific Fraud In Human History | Climatism
- “In Searching For A New Enemy To Unite Us, We Came Up With The Threat Of Global Warming” | Climatism
- The Creator, Fabricator And Proponent Of Global Warming – Maurice Strong | Climatism
- Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud In History | Climatism
- UN IPCC : Climate “Has Almost Nothing To Do With Environmental Policy.” | Climatism
- UN IPCC : “Long-Term Prediction of Future Climate States Is Not Possible.” | Climatism
- THE Climate Change Farce Explained By Two Expert “Scientists” | Climatism
- THE ARCTIC : Ground Zero For Anthropogenic Hubris And Climate Change Hysteria | Climatism