No wonder young people think humanity is doomed with the level of incompetence and corruption we now can both see and feel.
Norway has built several power cables to Europe, the latest one to the UK is due to be opened October 1. this year. Now, that means Norwegian power producers and plants will export as much hydro power as possible as the electricity prices are 4 to 5 times as high in the UK as in Norway – and are already now warning about electricity shortage and rationing come spring (as the water magazines run dry before the thaw and spring rain), unless we are willing to use European energy at 4 to 5 time higher cost.
This is done only to make money, not in the interest of the country and the people living here, Norway last! Norway lack money, as we all know .. If Norway double its money, surely nobody will afford to live here …
A shared and common market in Europe would have been rational, logic and smart if there was competition in the market and enough energy, which is not the case today.
Old people will start freezing to death also in Norway, a country that in fact does not lack real, green energy.
Communists ruins everything, always!
R. J. L.
By Eric Worrall – WUWT
h/t Observa; Britain may face the embarrassment of being forced to ramp up coal power during Glasgow COP26, as a critical undersea cable failure has cut the ability of imported French nuclear power to help maintain the fantasy that Britain’s renewable heavy electricity grid is fit for purpose.
Power prices soar after key electricity cable between UK and France catches fire
British electricity prices jumped by 19 per cent to £475 per megawatt hour on Wednesday.
They said the blaze broke out on Wednesday while planned maintenance was taking place at the site near Ashford in Kent.
Prices of natural gas, which have already been at record highs in recent weeks, soared more than 18 per cent at the news.
British electricity prices meanwhile jumped by 19 per cent to £475 per megawatt hour on Wednesday.
The IFA1 interconnector had been used to import electricity, generated largely by nuclear power, from France.
Glenn Rickson, head of European power analysis at S&P Global Platts Analytics, said the fire “couldn’t come at a worse time for the UK”.
This new PR and energy supply disaster comes hot on the heels of recent claims that Britain withdrew hardline climate demands in the free trade agreement being negotiated with Australia.
What can I say BoJo – despite your harsh words and attempted bullying, Australia stands ready to deliver all the coal you need for Britain to stay warm and keep the lights on this winter.
Or you can do what China allegedly does, since they tried to punish Australia by blocking some of our imports – covertly buy Aussie coal through secondary markets, to avoid the embarrassment and loss of face of admitting you can’t live without our coal exports. I hear Singapore provides a discreet service and reasonable fees. If you pay a little extra, they might even relabel the coal shipments as “wood chips”.
BoJo, you better get your order in quickly. Goldman Sachs just forecast an imminent global coal supply crunch which could almost double already sky high current world prices.
On a serious note, my heart goes out to Britons who will be caught by skyrocketing energy prices. But there is still time to avert the worst of this crisis. Write to your MP and demand they produce a rational plan for maintaining reliable and affordable electricity supplies this winter.
Magical Thinking About Green Energy: ‘Consume staggering amounts of minerals, metals & energy to be constructed, maintained, & replaced every 10 to 20 years’
- EU Facing Pandemonium As Green Policies Send Energy Prices Skyrocketing
- European Gas Prices Continue Parabolic Rise As EU Debates Nord Stream 2 Certification
- “I’ve Never Pulled Up So Many Gas Price Graphs As I Have Over The Last 24 Hours”
- Propane Prices Soar As Inventory Concerns Mount Ahead Of Winter
- Craig Mackinlay MP: Did Boris Johnson tell the truth about Net Zero?
- Carbon Trading Crunch Time At COP26
- CNN: “Australia is shaping up to be the villain of COP26 climate talks”
- New carbon dioxide monitoring credit card enables tracking of ‘carbon footprint on every purchase’
- Daily Disaster: Blackouts Only Reward For California’s Wind & Solar Nightmare
- Utterly Useless: Wind & Solar Costly, Pointless & Can’t Reduce CO2 Emissions
- Wind & Solar Cult Bans Nuclear Power Promoters from Climate Change Conference
- Nature: Wind Turbine Noise Issues
- Here Is Why Biden’s Renewable Energy Schemes Cannot Work
- Forbes: “Biden’s Plan To Expand Climate Disclosure Requirements Means Higher Prices For Consumers”
- Spanish Gov’t Announces Temporary Tax Cuts To Relieve Consumers After Record Power Prices
- Amazing timeline of global energy production by source from 1860-2019 – Coal passes Biomass, Oil passes Coal, Gas nears Coal
- World’s Biggest Battery In California Overheats, Shuts Down
- Major UK Fertilizer Plants Shuttered Due To Skyrocketing Natural Gas Prices
- Emerging Market Policy Makers Scramble To Tame Soaring Food Inflation As Unrest Looms
- Calif. Declares Energy Crisis, Seeks To Avert Blackouts With More Gas Plants
- Fossil Fuels Aren’t Disappearing Any Time Soon, Including Coal
- China’s Oil Sale Is A Clear Message To OPEC+
- Even Some Democrats Sound Alarm On Radical 10,000-Page, $3.5 Trillion Spending Bill